Skip to main content

Cheap Junk Food

Monday night's sleep was beautiful. Deep and uninterrupted. No blood sugar dips. I have not had a glass of wine for 5 days and I do know this proves a point I don't want to know.



I was up early and went to lift with Dee. It was a great start to the day and felt good to have it done early. After our workout, I had a premier protein shake and it had no effect on my blood sugar. For lunch, I had one of Amy's burritos and it had little effect with all the beans and I added an ounce of Monterey Jack.


I sat for too many hours yesterday at work. I worked until 6:30pm so 10 hours sitting. I had 2 glasses of white wine last night and 8 shitty cheap fried in the worst oil chips and guess what? Yup blood sugar and sleep were both impacted. Now one may think that's it no more junk or wine but that is not the mission I am on. I am on a mission of finding my body's tolerance in this experiment. White wine and I have never been friends it is more likely to give me a headache. Don't worry the red with quality snacks is coming. I did have those avocado oil fried chips the other night with no effect so the shitty quality I do think contributes to the fast breakdown and glucose spike and subsequent dip as your body overcompensates with insulin.




Today I am working not at my desk! I am working our booth at the Ag show. I will be able to stand and take regular walk breaks. Today will be a day of rest with a little walking. 
 





 

Comments

  1. so quality snacks (avocado oil fried chips) had less of an impact on blood sugar, is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 💯 they did not have an impact. I put apple cider vinegar on both kinds. I love vinegar on chips and when they are so sour you can only eat so many. The avocado ones held up to the vinegar the cheap ones started to compost right in the bowl.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Making Muscle

My husband and I have been seeing a nutritionist for 3 months. Today we had our 3-month scan. I have had a very stressful few months at work and have sat for about 10 hours a day. I was happy to maintain. I did lose a couple pounds but I had gained a couple pounds of muscle and lost a few pounds of fat so what looked like no progress on the scale was some. I was happy to see this and it makes me want to build more muscle. Protein and lifting are key. I am going to do another scan in 6 weeks. I may have a new interest. On the blood sugar front, I had an interesting find. Last week I had 3 chicken strips from Popeye's and this had very little effect on my blood sugar. Yesterday I had 3 chicken strips from Wendy's and my sugar shot up. I have to say that as I was eating the Wendy's ones I noticed that they almost disintegrated in your mouth. Further to my thought on the more processed the more effect even if the macros are close to the same.

Water Weight

I had an interesting conversation with my teenagers today on the way to school. "Mom did you know that a bladder can hold 900ml of liquid?" thank you grade 9 science. I had a litre bottle in the car so I handed it to her to show her how much that was. "Wow". That had me thinking. We weigh ourselves daily sometimes and let the small fluctuations torment us but here it is.... These 2 x 500ml bottles weigh almost 2.5lbs so...... Another thing I have been cognizant of the past few months working with Dee is fasting. Not hardcore don't eat for days fasting but stop after dinner eat breakfast if your hungry and wait if your not. I guess you would call me a dirty faster. Sometimes it's ok to be a dirty girl. (just saying) I love my coffee with cream in the morning. I have tried black but I take pure pure beautiful pleasure in that morning coffee. Lucky for me it does not spike my blood sugar. For lunch, I had a 1/2 cup of beans (southern black not sweet) an omelet ...